Working together for excellent healthcare

Mobile Site

Sign in


Under the Road Traffic Acts, if you are involved in an accident, the first doctor that you consult will collect a fee for your examination. This could be a doctor in the Accident and Emergency Department of a Hospital or your own General Practitioner.


If you attend this surgery, first, as a result of being involved in a Road Traffic Accident then you will be asked to pay for your consultation before you see the doctor. The current fee (January 2015) is £21.30. You will be given a letter regarding this together with a receipt. You should send this to your motor insurers of the car if you were a pedestrian. This form of claim has no affect on no claims bonuses.


If you were picked up from the scene of an accident and taken by ambulance to the hospital you will get a bil from the ambulance authority too.


Be aware that if you instruct solicitors to claim damages that you will be asked to sign a release to allow the solicitors access to your records. If you sign that they may see all of your records then, for example, ladies you will be giving consent to smear results, terminations etc. being made available. It is suggested that you give firm instructions about what can and cannot be released.

Road Traffic Accidents

Accessibility                    Cookies                    Terms of Use                    Site Map